Labbie, your Data Retriever
for the Civil Engineering Laboratory!
Labbie has been successfully processing
concrete test cubes for well over two years at two major Gauteng laboratories.
Labbie also has the most popular soils tests including:
Grading Curve (Sieve, Mechanical, and Hydrometer Analysis), Atterberg Limits (LL, PI, LS),
CBR, UCS and field tests. Soils can be classified according to
AASHTO, Unified, TRH14, and
Now on First Release (June 2010), Asphalt tests:
Grading Curve, Binder Content, Maximum Theoretical Relative Density (Rice’s
Method), Bulk Relative Density (BRD), Marshall Stability & Flow, and Indirect
Tensile Strength (ITS).
There is also a facility for "Generic" tests: You describe the results for any test, and the program then stores and prints them.
Click on the link to read more about using Labbie for Civil Engineering Soils Tests.
The proven concrete cube part of the program is described
Civil Engineering Materials Laboratories
strength-test endless batches of concrete cubes for quality control purposes.
Does your Lab need to:
- keep track of large quantities of concrete test cubes?
- make sure that concrete cubes are tested on the right day?
- notify the client of his test results as soon as they are
obtained –by e-mail, fax, or printed copy?
- give the client a graph of his test results over time?
- make sure that chamber humidity, the scales, and the presses are tested regularly?
- manage by exception, paying attention to the few things that
may be wrong, not to everything that is going right?
- bill your client as soon as his cubes have been received, thus
improving your cash flow, and
- make sure that your staff do not forget to invoice any
If you answered yes to more than two of the above, then Labbie,
the faithful Data Retriever, is what you need for your Civil Engineering
Labbie Can Help!
Labbie will walk you
sequence of testing cubes:
- Receiving the cubes
(entering new clients and projects as needed),
- Adding the charges –for making cubes, testing,
travel, standing time, technician's time, slump tests, etc. (many of these
- Listing the cubes to be crushed each day,
- Entering the results of crushed cubes,
- Approving the results (by a senior
technician or other authorised person), or
- Rejecting dubious results, then
- Correcting dubious results (or marking them as
- Finally, producing the results for the
client by e-mail and/or fax and/or printing for posting and/or collection,
plus printing a copy for file.
- Monthly, or when desired, the program can set up pro-forma invoices, which
can be printed and/or exported to Pastel Accounting.
- There are numerous reports and charts that allow you to look at results
globally or individually.
- For quality control purposes, Labbie also allows you to monitor and
report on curing bath temperature, curing chamber humidity, verification of scales, and verification of presses.
At present Labbie processes concrete test
cubes (of any size) and the most popular soils tests, with a provision for
tracking and storing the results of any test. Over the course of time we
will be adding processing for many other Civil Engineering materials tests. Please
your wish list!
To read more about processing concrete cubes with Labbie,
download a 1.1 MB PDF document
here (11 pages including screen shots).
Take a Labbie for a Run!
Install Labbie directly from this web site and test it
for thirty cubes with no obligation. If you decide that Labbie
will save you time and money and make you a star in the eyes of your
customers, apply for a license and carry on running! See
next block directly below
pricing and below that for installation instructions.
Don't want to install just yet? "Stick your toe in the
water" by downloading the Help File
(only 225 KB) and looking through it.
For details of the
click here to go
to the Labbie News page.
You can test Labbie absolutely free of charge. Read the
help, open the forms, receive cubes, monitor humidity, scales and
presses, and play with it as much as you
like –until you want to enter cube crushing results! Then you need
to apply for a license:
We give you 30 cubes (5 typical
batches) free when you apply for a test license, which lasts a
Thereafter you pay R4.00 per cube result that you
enter, purchased in advance. Please
e-mail us for more details.
Note: Labbie Setup methods are complete
except for one thing: The data file. You need to apply for one
by e-mail in order to get up and running:
To do this,
If your Laboratory does Soils Tests:
Labbie can now handle your requirements too: See
Labbie for Civil Engineering Soils Tests.
If your Lab does Soils Tests and you prefer to use Spreadsheets:
- Road Indicator or Foundation Indicator:
- Sieve Analysis to TMH1 - Method A1 (a) - Chart of Percent Passing Sieve Size
- Grading Modulus
- Hydrometer Analysis (ASTM - D422) - Percent Passing Sieve Size
- Atterberg Limits to TMH1 - Methods A2, A3, A4 (Liquid Limit, Plasticity Index, Linear Shrinkage)
- Mechanical analysis to TMH1 - Method A5 - Percent of Soil
- Maximum Dry Density (MOD) and Optimum Moisture Content (OMC) - TMH1 - Method A7
- California Bearing Ratio - TMH1 - Method A8
- AASHTO (Group Index)
- Unified Classification
- TRH14 Classification (1985), and
- Potential Expansiveness
...then you might also be interested in our
Data Analysis and Reporting
Spreadsheets for the Civil Engineering Soils Laboratory!.
Back to top |
Troubleshoot Setup | Programs from
Software Africa |
Software Africa Home
Press Ctrl+F to search this page for keywords.