Civic Tip ~
Need a Plumber?
Call Doctor Pipes!
Also waterproofing and
small building alterations.
supervision of Mark Michalow
SMS, WhatsApp or phone
082 412 5152
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Accommodation in Rivonia
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
You will have to speak in public one day!
Start NOW so you are ready! Boost your career! Visit Mariswe Toastmasters.
Hybrid meetings (in person & Online) Tue 9 & 23
at 18:00. Call or message Rick on 082 389 3482 or
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
Woodlands Office Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
Atheists & Humanists online:
The South African Secular Society (SASS) holds
social & educational Meetups
online monthly, and some in person. Visit us
and chat on the Telegram App.
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton::
Grayston Shopping Centre
Atholl Square Shopping Centre
Sandhurst Centre, Rivonia Rd
Shopping in and around Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Make a difference to others!
Few people donate, but everyone
Design and Décor Centre (near Molly Malones), Forest Road and Sunset Ave, Pineslopes, Sandton: Tel 011 465 6441
Accommodation & Restaurants:
Accommodation in Rivonia,
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Rivonia Restaurant reviews,
Sandton Restaurant reviews,
Morningside Restaurant reviews.
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop.
Sad News about Judith Taylor
We are desperately sad
to announce the death of Megaplex CC Member
Judith was a strong businesswoman, entrepreneur, Distinguished Toastmaster,
Secular Society volunteer, and
passionate environmental activist. A Life Member of Earthlife Africa, she
received the 2020 National Wetland Award for services to wetland conservation.
She wrote the Restaurant Reviews for this newsletter until ill
health made it difficult for her to continue.
Judith was my business partner, wife of 31 years, and life companion since 1986.
She died on Sunday 10 July of a chest infection following a series of
illnesses since 2020. Her family was at her bedside in the Sunninghill Hospital
This newsletter and the business of Megaplex will continue. As we tie up
loose ends there may be delays; we apologise for
this and trust that you understand.
Thank you for your attention, and RICKgards
Rick Raubenheimer, CC Member.
Do you have to be angry to do cross-training?
Use Excel? Making Mistakes is Easy!
Finding errors is hard! But they can
kill your company! In 2012, a London Olympics employee accidentally
typed in “20,000” instead of “10,000". The Olympic Committee
then sold 10,000 tickets for non-existent seats at minor events. They had to upgrade them to major events
—at a loss.
Get this FREE report on preventing Excel mistakes..
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- World of Dance is under new management as Katz World of Dance, Shop LL14, Basement in Sunninghill Village – Wide range of dance classes, Afro, Ballet, Belly Dance, Bollywood, Hip Hop. Jazz, Latin, Ballroom, Modern & more… First-timers dance free.
- SMH Cell Zone has become Smiley Cell & Gadgets, Shop G08, Ground in Sunninghill Village – cell phones and repairs including water damage. Accessories. All kinds of gadgets.
- Nannymaids, Shop UG09, Upper Level in Sunninghill Village – Domestic help: Housekeepers, nannies, domestic workers, weekly cleaners.
- Gypsy Kitchen Bakery & Coffee Shop, Shop LL12, Basement in Sunninghill Village – Coffee, freshly baked treats. Vegan. In the entrance to Fightfit Sunninghill.
- IstanBlue, Shop LL21, Basement in Sunninghill Village – Exclusive men's wear. Suits, shirts, jackets, ties, shoes.
- 16-Seater Boardroom for Hire, 1st Floor in Sunninghill Village – Hourly, half-day, full day rental.
- Algerian Barber, Shop LL20, Basement in Sunninghill Village – It isn't clear why "Algerian" is a selling point. Maybe they shave you with a flyssa?
Furnished Morningside Room to Let 1
Self-catering double bedroom with shared bathroom, kitchen etc., in house in Morningside
Manor. Wi-Fi. Carpeted, fully furnished and serviced including
laundry. Light during load-shedding. Ideal for student or single person. Close to shops and bus routes. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail
us, or click here.
“Every time you go away, you take a piece of meat
Correct lyric: “Every time you go away take a
piece of me with you” from Paul Young’s ‘Every Time You Go Away’.
on your cellphone safer (by Nedbank)
Banking on your cellphone is a convenient on the-go solution to manage your
Tips and easy steps you can take to keep your phone and money safe from
criminals and possible fraud:
- Nedbank will never ask you to disclose your passwords and card PIN.
- Never share your card PIN or Nedbank ID password with anyone.
- Keep your passwords safe:
- Don’t store them on your device or in your browser and don't use the same
username and password for all your logins. Your username and password should
also be different.
- Always read Approve-it messages carefully before you accept them and never share
your one-time password (OTP) with anyone.
- When your phone is lost or stolen, call us on 0800 110 929 to report this
- When you receive an SMS for a SIM swap or number port you did not request, call
us on 0800 110 929 immediately.
- Report fraud by calling us on 0800 110 929...
Except for the phone numbers, these tips obviously apply to all other banks
You know you're in
South Africa when...
The Traffic Police arrest people for drunken
driving when they are driving straight.
You see, sober people weave all over the road to
avoid the potholes.
Do You keep Repeating the Same Actions in Excel?
Stop wasting precious time! Save an hour
or more a week: Get your life back. How? Learn simple Macros:
Record the repetitive action once, repeat it fast with a single
keystroke whenever needed! This quick course will get you started fast:
Read more here.
Do not pass Go, do not collect R200:
Back to top
- Dads and Lads Barber Shop, Shop LL18 in Sunninghill Village – Men's and boys' hairdressing, under new management. Basement.
- Catherine's Corner Boutique, Shop LL15 in Sunninghill Village – Ladies' clothing. Was in the Basement.
- Sunninghill Flower Market, Shop G19 in Sunninghill Village – Large range of cut flowers. They delivered.
- ABSA Bank Branch and ATM, Shop G46 in Sunninghill Village – Was North Wing, on the far right.
- SOFA (School of Finance and Accounting) (Suite 1) in Sunninghill Village – Tuition for B
Compt and B Com degrees, Bachelor of Accounting Science, Bachelor of Commerce. Was North Wing, 1st Floor.
- Syllabis Learning (Suite 1) in Sunninghill Village – Personalised tutoring options for every learner. 1 on 1, group classes, Study Skills and Exam Preparation, K53 Learners and Drivers Classes, Home-schooling and much more. Was 1st Floor, now moved to Parkhurst.
- Sengwe Place near Morning Glen Mall – 3 Star Guesthouse at 4 Sengwe Place, Gallo Manor, within 2 minutes of Woodlands Drive and convenient for commuting to Business Parks in and around Sandton and Woodmead.
Gratis Spreadsheets from Software Africa!
download these spreadsheets on request.
To use them you need Microsoft Excel (instructions included, but no
batteries): Toastmasters Speech Contest Certificates, Vehicle Licence form, Bank Reconciliation, Fuel Consumption Record,
Rainfall Record, Water Meter Readings, Electricity Meter Readings,
Mattress Turning Schedule, John Demartini Savings Calculator, and
Quotation System with Bill of Materials:
Thought for the Week:
"Treasure your loved ones: You won't have
them forever." - Rick.
POPIA is Live!
You are still subject to The Protection of Personal Information Act.
The good news? Your needs are simpler than those of a big business.
No need for fancy lawyers or highly-paid consultants. If you know what
to do. How will you learn that?
Invest in this POPIA course at the best price ever.
Business Tip from Peter Carruthers:
Imagine following every step your competitors take to steal your customers.
Imagine seeing everything your key clients do. You can speak to them with a lot
more insight and at the right time, every time.
How much would better timing help your marketing and selling efforts?
Wouldn't it be great if you could automate Google searches? You could get
an update each day on anything important to you or your business efforts.
Imagine a daily report on everything published about each significant prospect:
This report would include rumours, complaints, all the skinny about the
challenges the firm faces.
How about getting a daily report on everything related to your industry?
In my first firm, we had a specific target market. The only firms we sold to
used a particular IBM minicomputer range. This was a decade before the Internet.
We were anxious to find every firm using one of these. We knew that if we could
identify them, we had an 80% chance of selling to them within 24 months. The
challenge was identifying them. We scoured newsgroups and press releases.
An automated Google search would have been a wonderful way to grow our prospect
list. It would have identified each new IBM client buying one of these machines.
IBM would do a public relations release each time they made a big sale. Every
one of our competitors did the same. Each of these releases would mention the
name of the client firm.
We scoured four or five newspapers and magazines each week to find these
nuggets. Now, Google can do that for you every day.
Tell Google who or what you're interested in. Then create some automated
Google searches. Google calls them "Alerts". They are easy to set up. Then let Google do the work. Free.
Go here to check out Google Alerts.
at the Music Checkout
"What's that bandage on your hand for?"
"I cut my finger on a sharp tile."
"That's strange... you'd expect a tile not to be sharp, but flat.“